CONSENSUS PLANNING JOB ANNOUNCEMENT –
Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect
Consensus Planning provides landscape architectural, planning, and urban design services throughout New Mexico and the region. Since its inception in 1991, the firm has remained innovative and creative while basing our work on a solid foundation of experience gained from over 30 years of successfully implemented plans. Our landscape architectural projects range from small commercial and residential community design to large-scale master planning projects, including sport and recreation complexes, office and commercial developments, streetscape and urban design elements, multi-family residential community theming and design, and mixed-use developments. We utilize a collaborative approach that builds upon our reputation and commitment to our profession and the community while adding value to our clients’ projects.
Consensus Planning is seeking an energetic Landscape Architect or designer to join our team of designers and planners at our office in Downtown Albuquerque. We are looking for someone who brings a thoughtful and creative approach to environmental design and is passionate about enhancing both public and private spaces. The ideal candidate will add value and passion to our existing design team and demonstrate our core values – purpose, integrity, enthusiasm, and innovation.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a landscape or multi-disciplinary office environment
- Licensed Landscape Architect or ready to seek licensure
- Excellent knowledge of construction documents (knowledge of local construction methods and plant materials preferred)
- Experienced in irrigation design
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment – project management experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet internal and external project deadlines
- Experience managing projects and interfacing with clients and other consultants is a plus
- Strong graphic communication skills (graphic design, sketching, mapping, etc.)
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp
- ArcGIS skills, although not required, are a plus
Benefits include a competitive salary; 401k plan and retirement/profit sharing plan; professional membership dues; professional development; paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave; and health and dental insurance.
Please submit a letter of interest (with salary expectation), resume, digital portfolio of relevant design and work samples, and a list of references to Chris Green at email@example.com.